(16) Not all Citizens believe Jesus’ message. We share in Isaiah’s frustration:
“Master, who has believed our message?”
(17) The message provokes belief from those who hear it, and even the hearing itself is a work the Master has already accomplished for us. (18) So I wonder about the people who have not believed: Did they not hear? But then I remember that of course they did:
“The message has gone global!
Everywhere you go, there it is.”
(19) So they HEARD it, but did they maybe not UNDERSTAND it? Moses answers that question:
“You Citizens will be envious of Illegals.
Those who understand will be surpassed by those who don’t.”
(20) Of Illegals, Isaiah says:
“They found me without even trying,
They got me without asking for me”
(21) But with Citizens, it’s a different story:
“I constantly seek them,
But they refuse to be found.”
Filed under: Romans |